Saturday, June 29, 2013

25. It's Complementary, Watson

Fun and creative, Spy Girl has us wrecking the brain again. Not that complementary colors are such a mystery - rather, it is: which complementary colors do you choose? I have some in my closet. The most exiting to me is a deep, almost mahogany brown paired with a midnight blue, something that I keep going back to time and time again.

But now it's just past midsummer equinox - time of white nights and incessant sunshine in these northern latitudes.
So I am wearing something pale, something that keeps me cool during the day and looks pretty and ethereal in dusk. (There is no real darkness here, day is divided between sunshine and dusk.)*

My choices for complementary colors were a dusty sage green paired with icy pink on the verge to lilac. I have dyed the scarf myself, in a remnant dye that has already seen some batches of yarn and was much diluted already. Icy pink makes my heart ache, I love that color!

details:
skirt: Vero Moda (thrifted 2010)
tee: Promod (2011)
jacket: no name (2013)
silk voile scarf (2009)

this green is far too dark, think real dusty sage instead...


linking with:
52-Pick-Me-Up
Visible Monday
Mix-It

* In case you wonder where this place is - be a Sherlock Holmes: there is a a link in my side bar that will lead you to a site ...

10 comments:

  1. Delicious combo, Juli! A delightful combination of colors and textures. The print on your skirt has me mesmerized (no surprise)!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne for such a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting color combination with the sage being warm and the pink being cool. And I love the pattern on the skirt!

    I found you via Visible Monday, also I'm also in Anne's Complementary Color challenge. Now I'll find out where you are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thinking, Val. I didn't realize the cool-warm axis at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist wirklich eine ungewöhnliche Farbkombination, Juli! Und eine ungewöhnlich schöne obendrein. Deinen Musterrock mag ich unheimlich gerne!
    Lieben Gruß von Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Sabine, nett daß du auf Besuch warst!

      Delete
  6. Interesting pattern on the skirt and I with you when it comes to icy pink. Such a beautiful color.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you think a pink can't get any paler - that't the tone!

      Delete
  7. These pale and unusual colors just flatter you so much! Very, very pretty choices. I hope you enjoy the long days ... I did when I spent a decade in Alaska ... so much time to do everything you want to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Jan. It's true, with 18 hours of sunshine the evenings get very long and productive.

      Delete