Monday, April 8, 2013

8. Austrian Pride

Style Imitating Art is a fun challenge, one that I always like to try.
This week there's a wonderfully bizarre picture, but the colors read very "normal" - tan, americana, polkadots. Instead of Americana, I chose Austrian (that's where I live)

It was a true challenge for me, because tan is not part of my wardrobe. But then I remembered a shirt that I had bought for dyeing - hooray.

In going with the bizarre theme of the week, I made equally bizarre choices. These shouldn't go together, but somehow they do. Austrian overload, be aware!


linen skirt, blue, by Mac Scott
knitted merino cardigan, red, made by myself
a long long overshirt with ties to hike the bottom up, tan, tags missing
Austrian dirndl-blouse (covers the breast, just), white, by Bösch
blue tights, by Hue
Austrian Edelweiss shoes, black, by Geier Wally


blue felt cutout necklace, by some wonderful young designers in Tallinn, Estonia. It can be worn as a belt, too.

linking with: Style Imitating Art
Visible Monday




8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, artful outfit! I love the white blouse and the belt. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the look. And it goes for the inspiration too. Very cool that you switched out the Americana for Austria and yet it still goes red, white and blue too. I don't see anything bizarre about it, but then that's me. And I love those shoes. And that belt/ necklace, and the neutral top, and...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! With bizarre I meant the dirndl clothing worn with street clothing, they don't usually mix. But glad to hear you like it!

      Delete
  3. I think your outfit looks really cool! The pieces do look really good altogether.
    Thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Carolyn.

      Delete
  4. Highly individualized, and of the moment at the same time. Like what you did with the odd inspiration piece. You look sweet, and patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, usually the dirndl blouse and other related clothing is reserved for special occasions, and it is not worn with "civilian" pieces. But it was good to hear that it works!

      Delete